Bespoke hard landscaping adds class to Dublin’s Capital Dock
Custom-made hard landscaping from Cassidy Bros has added an extra touch of class to Dublin’s most sought-after residence, Capital Dock.
Exposed and polished concrete walls and benching from Cassidy Bros were designed to specification to create a wonderful outdoor experience at Ireland’s most desirable address, which occupies a prime corner of Dublin’s south docklands.
Cassidy Bros’ concrete design team worked closely with landscape contractors Peter O’Brien and Sons, of Malahide, to create the finest outdoor ambience at Capital Dock. Our part of this impressive project – which was designed by LDA Design (London) and constructed by John Sisk and Sons (SISK) for global real estate company Kennedy Wilson – was completed to a high standard, both on time and on budget.
Cassidy Bros Managing Director, David Cassidy, says: “We were very proud to play our part in this huge project to deliver the tallest building in Ireland. Capital Dock is an iconic property in one of Ireland’s most sought-after locations.
“The project involved a hectic schedule, but our team delivered on time and on budget with the professionalism and high standards our customers expect and deserve.”
Capital Dock – Our Project
- Bespoke design of exposed, polished, white concrete plantar walls (dolomite aggregate).
- Bespoke design of exposed, polished, white concrete benching (dolomite aggregate).
- Integrated seating made from FSC approved Cumaru (also known as Brazilian Teak) air-dried, hardwood timber.
- Stainless steel bracketry.
Capital Dock – Our process
- Drawings were submitted to our concrete design team by the architects.
- Concrete construction drawings were completed by our team.
- Construction samples were created by our engineers and submitted to the client with a works proposal for approval.
- Manufacture all items was carried out in accordance with the plans.
- All components were transported to Dublin along with detailed instructions for the assembly team.
Capital Dock residential complex has 22 floors covering 700,000sq ft. The development includes 190 apartments, two neighbouring office blocks and 1.5 acres of public space with a playground, mixed retail units, restaurants and bars.