New life for Central Park with bespoke concrete benching
Bespoke benching made from Cassidy Bros’ unique polished concrete has breathed fresh life into the landscape surrounding the magnificent Central Park in Dublin.
Owners Green Properties, architects Henry J. Lyons and contractor Peter O’Brien and Sons made plans to ‘lift the look’ of the grey granite exterior. They then approached our experienced team to make their plans a reality.
From the designs specified, our engineers crafted 236 linear metres of beautiful polished, white, exposed concrete plantar walls and benching with integrated hardwood timber seating made from FSC approved, air-dried Cumaru (also known as Brazilian Teak).
David Cassidy, Managing Director at Cassidy Bros, said: “Henry J Lyons and Peter O’Brien did a fantastic job on the design for the hard landscape. Their plans for new bespoke concrete installations really breathed new life into this great Dublin building.
“Our team crafted a finished product that creates a much more attractive look and feel to the location.
“Work began on the project in February 2019 and was completed in April 2019 to a very high standard, on time and within budget,” he added.
Central Park – Our Project
- Bespoke design of dolomite aggregate exposed, polished, white concrete plantar walls and benching.
- Integrated hardwood bench seating made from Cumaru (FSC approved) air-dried timber.
- Stainless steel bracketry.
Central Park – Our process
- The architect and contractor approached Cassidy Bros with their ideas and plans.
- Our engineers came up with solutions to tailor the concrete construction to their specifications.
- Construction samples and layout drawings were created and submitted for approval by the client with a proposal for the works.
- Full construction drawings were created by our design team.
- The components were manufactured and transported to Dublin for assembly.