Unique ‘Wall Street’ concrete mix enlivens bespoke benches at North Wall Quay
Bespoke polished concrete fused from four different aggregates has been created by Cassidy Bros for the construction of striking outdoor bench seating at Dublin’s vibrant North Wall Quay.
The Bennett Construction project, located next to the 3 Arena, included large scale ‘Grade A’ office space.
Working closely with Bernard Seymour Landscape Architects, Cassidy Bros created and delivered two planter beds with seating and five irregular concrete cubed seating units to enliven the outdoor living area.
Space was very restricted due to the city location and that posed the main challenge on this project.
Cassidy Bros Managing Director, David Cassidy, said: “This was probably one of our most bespoke and challenging planter seating concrete furniture projects to date.
“Our team worked in close collaboration with the team from Bernard Seymour Landscape Architects to deliver on this fantastic concept and produce this custom-made piece of polished concrete furniture.
“The architect requested something very unique and we were happy to rise to the challenge.
“All involved were very pleased with the outcome, which is a perfect showcase of the quality of the overall project led by Bennett Construction at the North Wall Quay.”
The job involved the creation of a tailor-made exposed aggregate and polished concrete; design to architectural specifications; and covered all aspects of drainage, lighting and aesthetics.
Getting the mix perfect involved a lot of trials, but the result was well worth the great efforts of all involved. There are no two elements the same in this unique bench planter seating which is sure to be a big hit with those who make use of it.
North Wall Quay – Our Project
- The creation of practical architectural drawings in close collaboration with Bernard Seymour Landscape Architects to bring their unique outdoor furniture concept to life.
- Trialling of a large number of aggregate mixes to ensure the finish met the exact specifications in what’s now known as our ‘Wall Street’ mix.
- Integration of soft landscaping areas within the planter structures.
- Provision of stainless steel bracketry for the installation.
North Wall Quay – Our process
- Initial drawings from the architect were closely inspected by our engineers.
- In co-operation with the architects, our concrete engineers trialled a large number of tailor-made concrete mixes.
- Following approval of the ‘Wall Street’ mix, all components were designed to specifications and manufactured by Cassidy Bros.
- All components were delivered to North Wall Quay for assembly and installation by the team at Bennett Construction.