Concrete designs ‘top of the class’ at Notre Dame
Cassidy Bros’ polished concrete designs are ‘top of the class’ at Notre Dame School in Dundrum.
Hard landscaping at the South Dublin girls’ school features beautifully finished, polished concrete furniture with integrated wooden benching and plantar walls crafted by our team.
Cassidy Bros concrete design engineers were involved in the project right from beginning of the design stage. Our experts ensured that the plans from architects, Brady Shipman Martin, (BSM) were achievable with practical concrete solutions that were easily implemented by the project’s build team from Walls Construction.
Cassidy Bros was tasked with the design and manufacture of bespoke, exposed, polished concrete creations to provide an attractive and practical environment at the exterior of Notre Dame School.
Managing Director, David Cassidy, said: “It was great to work closely with the team at BSM and Walls Construction to create impressive concrete surroundings that really capture the vision of client.
“We manufactured a range of samples to help the team find the most suitable option to regenerate this space.
“Cassidy Bros was delighted to be involved in this project to create a more attractive look and feel in the schoolyard of this highly respected institution in Dundrum.”
Notre Dame – Our Project
- Plantar walls: Exposed, bespoke polished concrete.
- Benching: Bespoke, exposed, black aggregate, polished concrete with integrated hardwood benching crafted from air-dried Cumaru timber (FCS approved).
- Bracketry: Stainless steel.
Notre Dame – Our process
- BSM and Walls Construction sought assistance from our concrete design team to help regenerate the space with practical concrete solutions.
- Our designs were produced for approval.
- Construction samples were provided along with layout drawings.
- Full construction drawings were drafted.
All components were manufactured and transported for assembly.