Cream riverbed aggregate dazzles at NUI Galway
Cassidy Bros has delivered a little concrete class to the new student accommodation block at NUI Galway.
The visually stunning, off-cream coloured, riverbed aggregate used in the exposed, polished concrete features really sets off the new-build additions to the landmark university campus.
Our team worked with architects Mitchell and Associates (Dublin) and building contractors JJ Rhatigan to deliver this hard landscaping project.
The project involved the design and manufacture of plantar walls and integrated linear benching made from FSC-approved hardwood.
Cassidy Bros Managing Director, David Cassidy, said: “Being invited to work on this development at one of Ireland’s landmark universities was a great honour and testament to the skills of our team.
“We were involved in the project from planning stage and worked with the architectural team at Mitchell and Associates to design the perfect concrete solution to match their vision. The exposed, off-cream, river bed aggregate concrete has been used to create really impressive feature walls and furniture.”
NUI Galway – Our Project
- Bespoke design of riverbed aggregate, exposed, polished, concrete plantar walls and benching.
- Installation of integrated bench seating made from Cumaru hardwood, air-dried timber (FSC-approved).
- Bracketry – stainless steel.
NUI Galway – Our Process
- Cassidy Bros was given the brief by architects Mitchell and Associates to provide concrete engineering expertise for practical design.
- Our engineers tailored solutions to manufacture the concrete installations.
- Construction samples and layout drawings were submitted to the client with a proposal for the works.
- Our design team drafted full construction drawings.
- All components were manufactured and transported to NUIG for assembly.